Avery

Avery
Gorgeous Avery at two weeks old!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Home!




Avery came home on May 1st around 4:00 pm. I was a wreck as we checked out of the hospital. I couldn't stop crying and I think it was a combination of sheer panic to not have nurses to help us and stress over how Sage was going to react when we brought Avery home. Darren may have been nervous, but he kept himself composed for my sake. He also drove us home with extreme caution.
Surprisingly, Avery was very calm when we brought her in the house. I realized that she knew all of the sounds of our house as she had been hearing them while in the womb. Even Sage's loud yap didn't bother her! I walked her around the house and gave her a tour. It was a spectacular feeling to show Avery her room. I stood in the middle of the room and showed her everything we had done to prepare for her arrival. I told her how excited we were to finally have her and that this was her special room that Grandma Sue and Tonya decorated for her. It was a wonderful feeling to stand in the nursery with my daughter and pug. It was wonderful to be home and I felt entirely content.

No comments:

Post a Comment